Monday 4 April 2016

An early Easter

https://www.stjames-cathedral.org/Prayer/jkblstations/learnmore.htm
Everyday of March was a step towards Holy Week and Easter. I have posted this link to a Seattle, Washington artist, Joan Brand-Landkamer, whose Stations of the Cross I have spent time with this past Lent. What I am most inspired about, is the inspiration she takes from the 20th Cent. French artist, George Rouault, who never created a set of Stations, but whose life goal was to paint a crucified Christ that would inspire the transformation of hearts.
I go to Artist's living and dead, to inspire my work. In Iconography, you trace from prototypes that are 'in the tradition' you are drawing from. Here is my Good Friday Easter Sunday Station that is inspired by the Ethiopian Icon tradition.
Crucifixion inspired from Ethiopian Tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment