Tuesday 25 June 2013

The last two doors

#One:
 I was playing with what colors would represent which season, SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN, WINTER.  I named this piece, "All Seasoned Madonna" as this woman and child walked through every season together. They are holding a flowering bud, a metaphor which asks  what is the force that drives the growth. One day we are carried, another season passes and we are walking......
SOLD
All Seasoned Madonna
15 x 15
Acrylic
 on wood door



#Two: 
Angels with swords, how to read this image today? At a point in my life when I had to make a life changing decision I had a big dream. What I remember most from this dream is a figure holding a huge sword, cutting open doors and walking through rooms that contained the people I was having to detach from. So the image of the sword has become for me the sword of discernment, the sword of detaching. Where there seemed to be 'no way', a way opened.  As angels have a title of "Guardian", I think it is important to invite them to go ahead of you and make a way.






There will be love along the way
15 x 15
Based on Ethiopian tradition
Acrylic on wood door

No comments:

Post a Comment